The Ear Community Organization is a charitable nonprofit that hosts picnics every year around the world helping bring Microtia and Atresia families together. Ear Community events are always FREE with lunch being provided and lots of fun entertainment for the kids. Ear Community’s amazing sponsors will be joining us at our wonderful picnics helping us learn about all of the options that are available that help provide a better quality of life for individuals who are born with Microtia (missing ears) and Atresia (hearing loss). A very special thank you to Ear Community’s sponsors for helping make our family events possible again this year! Thank you to Cochlear Americas (manufacturer of the Baha), Vistafix (a division of Cochlear for prosthetic ears), Medtronic (manufacturer of the Alpha bone conduction hearing system), and Oticon Medical (manufacture of the Ponto bone conduction hearing system). * More sponsors will be added as they are confirmed for our events. Medical professionals always enjoy mingling with us at our events helping answer questions and provide the facts. Medical professionals may include Microtia and Atresia repair plastic surgeons, anaplastologists (prosthetic experts), audiologists, ENTs, teachers of the deaf, early intervention providers, and therapists (OT/SP/PT). All of our picnic events can be viewed under our website’s EVENTS menu tab at the following link:http://earcommunity.org/events/2016-picnics-and-events/
This summer, Ear Community will host six picnics in the following locations:
1. Salt Lake City, Utah on June 4th – RSVP to Heidi at SLC.EarCommunity.Picnic@gmail.com
2. San Diego, California on June 11th – RSVP to Leslie at SanDiegoEarCommunityPicnic@gmail.com
3. Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin on June 25th – RSVP to Ashley at WisconsinEarCommunityPicnic@gmail.com
4. Louisville, Kentucky on July 9th – RSVP to Melissa at KentuckyEarCommunityPicnic@gmail.com
5. Nashville, Tennessee on July 16th – RSVP to Melissa at NashvilleEarCommunityPicnic@gmail.com * Our Nashville Ear Community picnic will be in collaboration with a FREE surgeon conference at Vanderbilt Medical Campus and Children’s Hospital. For details on this Microtia and Atresia conference, please e-mail Erin Bernardo at firstname.lastname@example.org Our surgeon conference part of the event will begin at 9AM. The following medical professionals will be presenting at this conference:
– Scott Stephan MD Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery Medpor, Vanderbilt
– Ron Eavey MD SM Director, Professor and Chair for Research and Causes of Congenital Ear Malformation, Vanderbilt
– Sivakumar Chinnadurai MD MPH Pediatric Otolaryngology Rig Graft, Vanderbilt
– Alejandro Rivas MD Neuro-otology Hearing Restoration in Aural Atresia, Vanderbilt
– Scott Fiscus B.C.O., Anaplastology Ear Prosthesis, Nashville, TN
and a Parent Panel
* A delicious BBQ lunch will be provided as we kick off our Ear Community picnic along with a face painter, balloon artist, and magician. We look forward to seeing everyone at our event. A special thank you to Vanderbilt University and Children’s Hospital and Dr. Ron Eavey for making this event possible with Ear Community. Please join us for an amazing day!
6. Hamilton, Ontario in Canada on July – RSVP to Cindy at OntarioEarCommunityPicnic@gmail.com
We look forward to seeing you at our Ear Community picnics this year! The Ear Community Organization is under the wing of the Broomfield Community Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
If you like what the Ear Community Organization is doing to help individuals born with Microtia and Atresia, consider choosing Ear Community as a nonprofit organization that you can make a donation to, helping us continue our organization’s mission that helps promote education and awareness about Microtia and Atresia. Click here to make a donation now. Ear Community helps individuals who are born with Microtia and Atresia all over the world. Ear Community has donated over 60 bone anchored hearing devices since 2013 and hosted nearly 30 events all over the world helping bring Microtia and Atresia loved ones together. Families travel from all over to attend an Ear Community picnic. We look forward to seeing you at an Ear Community picnic near you!
Founder and Executive Director of Ear Community
Founder of the Microtia and Atresia Support Group on Facebook