If Ear Community and its network of support groups have helped you or if you would simply like to support our cause, please consider making a donation to our organization (even small donations are helpful and always appreciated).
If you are ready to donate now, please click here:
If instead you would like to mail a check with your donation, please make your check out to:
Ear Community, Inc.
280 E 1st Ave., Unit 704
Broomfield, CO 80038 USA
Ear Community’s Federal tax ID# is 46-0923897
Ear Community is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
How is Ear Community giving back to the Microtia and Atresia Community?
Ear Community was founded by a mother named Melissa Tumblin, who has a daughter who was born with Microtia and Atresia. Melissa and Ear Community is making a difference across the world by:
- helping thousands of individuals with Microtia and Atresia realize that they are not alone
- promoting education, awareness, and advocacy about Microtia and Atresia
- speaking about and sharing her experience with medical professionals and hearing aid device companies
- writing articles about her experience
- reaching out to thousands of Microtia and Atresia families all over the world through e-mails, phone calls, and through her global support group she runs on Facebook
- bringing hundreds of families and individuals together, across the world, by hosting summer picnics that welcome medical professionals and hearing aid companies, helping inform everyone about their options
Ear Community has goals that it wishes to achieve, as a charitable organization, in order to help individuals with Microtia and Atresia such as:
- maintaining the Ear Community website so that it can be kept up to date with the latest helpful information and so that it can continue connecting individuals across the world with Microtia and Atresia
- help with travel costs for those planning for surgery
- help partner with hearing aid device companies in hopes of donating new sound processors to those who have been denied insurance coverage or who simply can not afford to buy a hearing device
- award college scholarships to teens and adults with Microtia/Atresia who have chosen to keep their little ears (as not everyone wishes to have surgery)
- continue to host picnics around the world bringing families, medical professionals, and hearing aid device companies together so that everyone can be informed of all their options
- host conference calls helping families learn where to begin, how to respond to public stares, and answer questions that may be asked by the public out of curiosity
Ear Community proudly became a charitable organization under the wing of the Broomfield Community Foundation (a 501c3 nonprofit organization), on August 16, 2012. On August 25th, 2016, the Ear Community Organization became its own entity as a 501c3 charitable organization.
Thanks so much for your support. Even donations as little as $5 will help someone in our community.
- Founder of Ear Community (www.earcommunity.org), a charitable organization as of August 16, 2012, through BCF.
- Founder of the Microtia and Atresia Support Group on Facebook, since May 20, 2010 and other Ear Community groups.
- Parent Advocate and volunteer for the AboutFace Organization (Canada/International)
- Board of Director Member and volunteer for the Hands & Voices Organization (Colorado Chapter)
- Family Advisory Council Member for the Children’s Hospital Colorado for the Bill Daniels Center for Children’s Hearing
- Part time medical device marketing consultant (surgical instruments/devices)
- Proud mom to two very happy little girls, one with Microtia and Atresia of her right ear
Financial assistance made possible through donations made to Ear Community: